About HSL Properties
HSL Properties, Inc. was cofounded in 1975 by Humberto Lopez and Glenn Toyoshima. Over the past 35 years, HSL has acquired, owned, operated and developed properties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, New Mexico, and Texas, and has formed more than 100 limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
HSL is focused on multi-family apartment communities, but has also invested in office and retail buildings, shopping malls, a golf course and hotels. HSL is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona and is well known for its multi-family housing in the Southwestern United States. In 2010, HSL won the International Crime Free Owner of the Year Award.
Currently, HSL Properties owns and operates 41 apartment communities, with 32 in Tucson, 7 in Phoenix, 1 in Casa Grande, and 1 in Yuma. This amounts to approximately 10,000 units/families and over 7 million square feet.
Properties HSL developed and built include a $32 million, 304-unit luxury apartment complex, Encantada Riverside Crossing in Tucson, constructed in 2012.
HSL strives to provide excellent service and living conditions for every resident. In 2002, HSL formed its Asset Management Company which provides effective site-management and quality resident services, making HSL unique. The Asset Management Company has grown exponentially and now has more than 300 employees.
We are actively involved in the following Boards/Commissions:
- Arizona Multihousing Association, Executive Committee
- Arizona Multihousing Association Political Action Committee, Member
- Arizona Public Service, Board of Directors
- Bank of Tucson, Advisory Board
- Dioceses of Tucson Finance Council, Board of Directors
- Downtown Tucson Partnership, Board of Directors
- Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- National Board of Advisors, University of Arizona Eller College
- Pinnacle West Capital Corporation, Board of Directors
- President’s Club, University of Arizona
- Salpointe Catholic High School, Board of Directors
- Sarver Heart Center, University of Arizona, Board of Advisors
- SunCor Development Corporation, Board of Directors
- Tu Nidito, Board of Directors
- Tucson Airport Authority, Member
- Tucson Conquistadores, Member
- Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities, Board of Directors
- University of Arizona Foundation, Chair